I am Karen, a CBC (Canadian born Chinese). I grew up in Vancouver and then moved to Hong Kong. Now I am back and reside in Montreal! While Canada is calm and relaxing, Hong Kong is fast-paced and exciting. I don’t think I will ever be able to truly decide which place I can really call home, because both cities have been such a big part of my life.
I graduated from the University of British Columbia and am excited for where I take life. I spend quite a bit of time playing online games. Maybe a bit too much. Which works out, because I now work in the gaming industry!
What do I blog about? Here is a short list:
- my life
- movie reviews
- food/restaurant reviews
- game reviews
- random stuff
- and some more random stuff
If it has anything to do with my life, you’ll probably see a post about it on my blog. I’ve always loved stumbling onto other people’s personal blogs. I get this brief glimpse through the window to their life. It’s interesting to see what people do and blog about from different parts of the world. I hope that you get to experience the same thing upon finding my blog. You may find that most of my posts focus on my life in Canada, so if you’re a fellow Canadian, my posts might be more relatable— but even if you’re not, I’m sure there’s still something for you here!
So moving on to what defines me and who I really am. I wish I knew, but for now, I can throw in several descriptions here such as:
- dislike hotel pillows.
- hates the taste of cucumbers.
- thinks dunked Oreos are way better than non-dunked ones. Eating an Oreo without an accompanying glass of milk is a disgrace.
- thinks you cannot go wrong with eggs, potatoes and cheese (so yes, I love breakfast).
- tear ducts are super liberal in when they activate—a.k.a. anything can set me off crying. Happy tears? Sad tears? Excited tears? Tears from being emotionally touched? Unleash the waterworks.
- is constantly changing so any of the above may not apply at any point in time.
But those are only a few things that I feel come to my mind when asked to describe myself. If you think there should be something else there on the list after reading my blog, feel free to drop me a line!